Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gentle Reminder

Last night I was walking back from a party, drunk, tired and everything else. It was 2am and a bit cold and then it started raining. I got completely drenched and instead of running for cover, I stood in the middle of the road with open arms and enjoyed the rain.

You see I love getting wet in rains. Its such a refreshing experience but I cant remember when I did it last. I guess it must have been almost 3-4 years since I got completely wet in the rain - intentionally.

Last night reminded that life is not all about MBA, financial models, internship, jobs bla bla. There are a number of trivial things which bring joy and happiness in my life and perhaps they wont change ever. I still enjoy the rains, I love a decent home cooked meal, I love watching movies etc. But over the past years, I was running around like a headless chicken, pursuing things which would bring me happiness and recognition from a social perspective. Of course its important to have a job and stuff but its not everything. And I am glad I got caught in the rain. I am glad I was made aware of simple things which I still enjoy and which I almost forgot about.

On a different note, I met mbamrs. She is such an interesting person. I have been following her blog for a long time and it was great to finally meet her. Someone with a clear sense of things, well composed and willing to explore.

So how is Fonty? This place rocks (so does sgp but at a different level). I dont think I have been this relaxed in such a long time. I love this small town, love the campus and just getting adjusted to the house party concept. The two campuses are definitely different and I will soon do a post about the differences.

Note: mbamrs pointed out that my blog contains a lot of foul language and hence to prove that I can survive otherwise, this post contains no foul langauge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey konfused, great to meet you as well. i'm glad i've fooled you into thinking that i'm "well composed" =)

and i'm so excited you managed a whole post without any cursing. i'm taking a note from your book and putting some more foul language into my posts!

love the entry on the dingfest! sorry to hear, but yes you'll absolutely come out on top!