Monday, May 4, 2009

Moi...Fonty...Génial

I am here boys...Fonty.

Arrived last evening in what seemed to be an endless drive through French countryside. Was tired and eager. I booked myself a small studio in Fonty city centre and I was kind of sure it would be a complete dump.

Boy I was wrong. The studio I got is a loft converted into a living space and its cute. Yep...you heard it right..me saying "cute". Its small, its beautifully done and just perfect. Since my childhood I wanted to live in a loft. And finally I am here. There is only one problem though...I am kind of tall for this loft. But who cares....I love it !

Fontainebleau campus is huge. I have been on campus for about 4 hours now but still dont know my way around. Open spaces, gardens....its the complete package. Food is much better here than Fonty. You might struggle for Asian food but I personally dig sandwiches, smoothies etc. and Fonty is waaaayy better than Singapore. Infrastructure is great but then again Fonty has 3 times more people than Singapore.

Classes start from t'row. Today I have to organise tons of stuff...bank account, paper work bla bla.

By the way, just heard that MBA applications are up by 500%. Thats going to be one hell of a competitive process. Good luck to those who are applying.

The first 2 terms were all about MBA business - you know getting back to school, coursework, assignments etc. The next 3 terms will be about the individual participants. You choose the electives, decide your workload etc. For me, P3 is going to set the tone for P4-P5. I need to prepare myself for the job search battle for the second half of the year. And what better place to do that than the beautiful lawns at Fonty. Job situation for July 09 is really bad. Its much worse than December 08 class. So you see, I really need to get my act together if I dont want to shit myself during P4-P5.

But for now, its me, my cute little studio and the beautiful lawns at Fonty.

Miss you H...Wish you were here... :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome! Really glad to hear how positive most Sing folks have been upon getting to Fonty.

The J'09 kids who came over two months earlier seemed much less keen.

How about that beer? Shoot me a msg if you're down: alilak@gmail.com