Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dingfest

There is some serious dingfest going on out here. And I am getting enough of personal action too.

I applied to a handful of internship opportunities where I thought I really had a fit but I got dinged left, right and center. Some after an interview and some without the interview. I always knew it will be tough, but man...this shit is messy. I just wonder what P4/5 will be like. Royal fuck up I guess.

Here's an interesting one. We had this career fair in Singapore. Country manager of a top Pharmaceutical company was there. Since I could not see him at the fair, I later sent him an email showing my interest and stuff. I got a reply saying the HR is scanning the opportunities available and should get back in 2 weeks. 4 weeks later no news so I sent a reminder.

Lo and behold.....the HR replied today saying..."Thank you for sending your CV. We were highly fuckin impressed and shit. But unfortunately yada yada. None the less, we will retain your super kick ass CV on our system and have also forwarded it to other regional offices. We wish you the best of fuckin luck."

But...a big fuckin but here....I NEVER sent my fuckin CV to this company !!

I always had a certain hatred for HR people. Let me give you another example. 2 years back I applied to a consulting firm and was rejected straight away. A while later, I was headhunted for the same company, for the same fuckin job. How does that work then?

Fuck it. I am not looking for internship any more. I will take the summer off, improve my Mandarin and scope out certain markets and business interests I have. Instead of getting dinged for jobs which wont take me anywhere, I might as well spend the summer and figure out where I want to be. So thats the fuckin plan.

Interestingly, 5 years ago when I was going through a similar dingfest, my life took an interesting turn and I came out on tops. Will it happen again? Fuck yeah !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I m goin thru a dingfest myself..but ur post pepped me up!thnx

Anonymous said...

I m goin thru a dingfest myself..but ur post pepped me up!thnx